Thursday, March 13, 2014

2 lb 11 oz of Baby on Board and Almost Viable :)

We had our 24 week appointment and ultrasound this week! I have realized I am getting spoiled with these frequent ultrasounds and probably won't know what to do if I ever have a singleton in the future.


Our babies looked great once again. Baby A weighing in at 1 lb 6 oz, still a girl and currently head down.  I gave her a little pep talk to kindly stay that way for the next 3-3 1/2 months.  Baby B weighing in at 1 lb 5 oz, also still a girl and yawning and then later sucking her thumb.  Ahhh... love is seeing these babies do those normal baby things... makes it feel all the more real.  I can't wrap my brain around 2 babies arriving in about 3 months- it is just too good to actually be true.  Until they are placed in my arms I don't think it's really going to sink in.


I will be 25 weeks on Sunday... viability.  This makes me incredibly happy but also anxious to get through the next 3 weeks because 28 weeks is infinitely better for baby brains and lungs than 25 weeks.  I have no reason to think they'll come that early... just 3 months of working in the NICU during the past 3 years and seeing lots of itty bitty twins.  So for now I'm just going to be thankful for each week that passes and they grow bigger and stronger.


I have my glucose tolerance test next week and am then going on a mission to get Tdaps for myself, my hubby and all close family members.  No pertussis exposures for these babies...


I swear I am going to try my hardest to not be a crazy mom... haha... try being the operative word.

1 comment:

  1. sounds beautiful! some craziness is inevitable - at least there is happy with the crazy!

    ReplyDelete