Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Two Years of This Fabulous Life

Today marks our two year anniversary.  

We have already had quite the ride so far in our 4.5 years of coupledom & 2 years of marriage.

I am thankful for my husband every damn day (even when I don't do the best job of showing it).  I have this theory that everyone is crazy in their own unique way & maybe, just maybe you get lucky enough to find someone who can deal with your particular variety of crazy and even (at least in some moments) be able to laugh at it and thus make you laugh through it.  We are not perfect but most days we handle each other's idiosyncrasies quite well.

He has gotten me through some incredibly difficult times- see the other elephant and even went to my pre-scheduled yearly gyno visit with me the day after my brother passed while I cried throughout and generally looked like a lunatic & wondered if other people in the waiting room thought he was a super overprotective or abusive fiancĂ©.  But I find it is often the parts of him outside of our relationship that make me love him the most.  The fact that he has made an effort over the past 3.5 years to be a brother to my other brother- always bringing up calling him to invite him for dinner, at times hanging out with him while I am working, encouraging him & convincing him he will find his path one day when he feels a little lost.  The fact that I already know that he will be the most amazing father- I watch him with our best friend's 3 kids who adore him & know his name & remember him as toddlers long before they remember me & then with our nieces & nephews who he has a tradition of making dirt with and generally spoiling rotten.  

He is a good, good man.  

He gets me and I hope most days I get him.

This infertility journey at times has been hard on us and emotionally draining but at the end of the day I am so damn happy to have him by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment