Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lucky

I just had an amazing day.

I am so insanely ridiculously lucky.

I get to wake up each day and do something I love, something that very few people have the privilege to do, I get to take care of sick kids.  I get to help guide families through some of their most vulnerable times.  I get to read and learn new things about the mind every single day and I will never know everything there is to know about my field which is both terrifying and exhilarating.

I get to run.  I have been limited in my running lately because I have been battling shin splints and I have actually missed it. I ran for the first time in a week tonight and it felt pretty good. After not quite 2 months have I actually become a runner? (Not a good one by any means, but, a person who really enjoys running... this is a remarkable feat.)

I have gotten to spend some quality time with my niece this week which has been awesome but has also made me realize that this whole kid thing will come when I'm ready, when we're ready- which might not be right now.

I am surrounded by some pretty amazing people in my life.  My hubby- there really are no words but the longer we're married and the crazier our lives get the more I realize how well he handles my crazy.  My friends- are so supportive and make me laugh and know just the right things to say.  My family- despite their tendency to drive me crazy occasionally, love me ferociously and I would not be where I am without them.

Bottom line is I am lucky.

So damn lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment