Monday, December 2, 2013

20... 20... 24 hours to go...

Tomorrow at this time I will be sitting in my new OB's office for my "first" prenatal appointment.  Why is it that the closer the appointment gets the more impatient I become?

Tomorrow I will be 10 weeks & 2 days.  Our last update/confirmation on the health & wellbeing of these little munchkins was at 6 weeks 2 days when we found out about baby #2 and heard their beautiful heart beats on the ultrasound.  4 weeks has been a long wait.  I am ready.  And scared.

I also am hoping, hoping for an ultrasound.  My old OB said because it was twins she would definitely get an ultrasound at my next appointment.  The nurse at my new office said that probably wouldn't be necessary.  It might not be but I would love to see them again. 

I have continued to have symptoms so I have assumed they are still in there growing bigger and stronger every day.  Some days I have more than others, so on those other days I tend to get worried.  Pretty much every night though I have crazy, crazy dreams- extremely vivid sex dreams (which I could probably count on 1 hand how many I've had prior to being pregnant) and then just bizarro dreams that are often scary and wake me up from sleep. 

In other news, I am convinced I have a tiny, tiny baby bump.  My husband tells me it's just my baseline "beer" gut- thanks husband, you are so sweet. But I think it is more.  I went shopping on black Friday to get some sweaters/shirts that would hide this until I am ready to spill the beans.  I have decided if all goes well tomorrow I am going to tell my boss hopefully Wednesday or sometime this week before I go out of town for a conference on Thursday night.  I have to make some schedule changes and while I hate telling work before my folks and in-laws I am really set on telling them on Christmas and I feel like I should give my work as much notice as possible.

We went to get our Christmas tree yesterday and went to a tree farm and got to cut it down ourselves.  We got an 11 foot tree! Spent all day yesterday decorating our tree and living room.  I still have to finish the rest of the house but I am getting so excited.  Just over 3 weeks until Christmas, I have always loved Christmas but this year I am especially excited!  Two of our tree light strands burnt out so I ran to Target last night for more and got 2 more stockings for these little ones... I know they aren't here yet but I couldn't help it. 

Everything just has to go well tomorrow because I keep picturing in my head taking down one or both of those stockings and just absolutely losing it. We are so invested in them already that I can't imagine our life without them.

I have made it 4 weeks... 24 hours shouldn't be so bad right?

No comments:

Post a Comment