Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Clomid Makin Me Cray Cray

I finally googled Clomid side effects.  Despite being a doctor I don't know shit about Clomid.  I understand the basic idea- pump up those ovaries, induce ovulation (which I'm already doing on my own- thus my less than enthusiastic attitude about Clomid), but I think again because I'm a doctor, my OB just said we'll do Clomid and kind of left it at that. 

So last month went okay- despite the 1 day of cray cray and the whole lack of baby making thing,  I didn't really notice any other side effects.  I had some nausea at the end of the month that I thought meant I was pregnant. I was not.

This month is a different story.  I have been taking my Clomid in the am as I did last month.  I usually eat a granola bar on the way to work (I know a very healthy and filling breakfast) and then pop my pill right before I go in.  That way I have something in my stomach.  The 4 days so far I feel nauseous shortly after for a couple hours- basically until I eat again.  The problem is the person I'm working with this month is 7 months pregnant and goes for a late morning second breakfast which I certainly don't need but have been joining due to said nausea. 

I also think it's causing hot flashes.  Mild but I sweat like a banshee. I don't know, it could be hot flashes or it could be the fact that we have finally hit miserably hot summer in southern Ohio.  This summer has been unbelievably mild and this week has been the first week of consistent temps in the upper 80s/lower 90s.  Thank god fall is almost here.  I am ready- ready for Ohio State Football and sweatshirts and pumpkins and s'mores. 

S'mores were the best part of our rehearsal dinner.  The s'mores and the fact that it was barbeque in my parents backyard.  Ahhhh... has it really almost been 2 years.  2 years in 1 month.  I want to get married again, to my hubby of course, but I want to have the party and all those people and all that love in one room again. 

My hubby.  God I love him. 

I am one lucky girl. 

Hot, sweaty and nauseous.

But lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment