Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Could Be A Crackhead

Anyone remember this? An oldie but a goodie...

                                         Who Ever Seen a Leprechaun.. Say YEA!

The leprechaun or the "leprechaun" sighter could be a crackhead... and so could I- but don't worry not that kind of crackhead.  Someone on another infertility blog recently talked about pregnancy tests being addictive.  They are.  They are my crack.  I got better about not taking a test before my missed period (yes for months I was doing this), mostly because I decided I wasn't going to buy pregnancy tests and keep them in the house.  If I do it's like they're calling to be from the closet "Come! Take me! Don't you want to know!"

But as I explained this past weekend I caved and bought a 2 pack.  I thought- it is my first month of Clomid, I need to have some just in case.  Took a test on Saturday, day 25, negative.  Today is day 29... still no day 1 and technically now 2 days late. 

I have this pit in my stomach.  I can't decide if it's nausea or heartburn or worry over whether I am/am not pregnant. 

Is it too early to test again?

I am trying to wait until Friday.  I haven't always been exactly regular.  But the past few months I have consistently started my period on day 28.  I also for what it's worth have been having more symptoms prior to menses.  For the past 4-5 months I've had more cramping and pretty noticeable breast tenderness/soreness.  I don't know if this means I finally started ovulating 4-5 months ago after a year off birth control.  I have heard people say a month for every year you were on birth control until your ovulation/fertility is back to normal.  I have no idea if this is true.  If I didn't start ovulating until 4-5 months ago that would mean it took me basically 2 months for every month I was on birth control (I took if for 6.5-7 years).  I have no real way of knowing because when I had my first 21-day progesterone was the first month I felt that way and it was consistent with ovulation.  I did OPK for one cycle previously and thought it looked like I had ovulated but I still think those OPK tests are confusing.

My 21-day progesterone this month after Clomid was 16.5- definitely ovulated.

I really just want to go take a test but the thing is, I always do that and start bleeding immediately afterward.  I don't want to get my hopes up and I think you're supposed to wait about a week in between (for doubling of b-hcg?).

In other news, I got my intro packet from the fertility center today.  I haven't looked through it yet but it makes me have some confidence seeing how organized they are and knowing they will review all our previous testing prior to the appointment.

It's kind of funny sitting here thinking I may be pregnant and coming home to find that in the mail.  It makes me think- Why are you getting your hopes up? You've been down this road before. Don't fool yourself.  But then the hopeful side of me says but you took Clomid this month and you've been nauseous a few days and your breasts are more sore and maybe, just maybe you are pregnant.


Ahhh... I will avoid the crack. 

For now.



Or maybe I'll go take a test and read my intro packet while I wait on the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment