Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A poppy seed...

I was reading about what to expect in the first trimester.  Currently I have a poppy seed inside my uterus.  This doesn't sound too impressive but it is making quite the raucous.

Last night I woke up twice too pee. Well the first time was too pee and the second I thought was to pee but ended up just being this weird pulling feeling in the center of my lower abdomen, like someone kneading dough in there. 

My boobs are so painful and full.

It is crazy to me that all these symptoms are coming from something the size of a poppy seed. 

I will take it though.  The more symptoms I have the more this feels real. 

I am seeing my OB next Monday for the "confirm appt."

Can I admit that I already have planned out how I want to tell my family about our pregnancy?  My brother's name is Ben.  So I've had this idea to get Uncle Ben's Rice and put Congratulations over the Uncle Ben part and then keep with the food theme for my parents.  My mom has always wanted to be "Nana" (her grandmother went by Nana) and I found Nana cookies.  My dad is a little trickier but his dad was our favorite grandparent and went by Poppy so I was thinking about poppy seeds for him.  All with a little congratulations written over the name.

We are going to wait until around the 2nd trimester to tell anyone.  It just feels more safe.  That will be around Christmas which is a lucky coincidence.

My husband keeps telling me to have patience and not get overly excited.  I know he just doesn't want to see me get crushed.  But I just can't help thinking about some of these things- it is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment