Monday, October 21, 2013

It's Legit... 4 weeks but legit

This morning I took two more tests... just to be sure...


Kinda blurry... but 2 positives!

This is for real! Crazy! I am trying to contain my excitement because I know it is so early and I think the hubby and I are both cautiously optimistic, very cautiously.  I know there are a lot of things that could go wrong in the next 36 weeks but right now I am choosing to be positive and not worry.  All I have done for the past 19 months is stress and worry about this so I deserve some happiness with no worry.

I first called my OB and scheduled a "confirm the pregnancy appt" that she told me I should schedule should this ever occur.  This is probably a waste of time and money because they just have you pee on a stick in the office but I'll follow the rules.  I asked them if there was anything else I needed to do because I was on Clomid this month (thoughts of the risk of multiples in the back of my mind)- they said no.  I was kind of hoping to get a quantitative beta or very early ultrasound but no luck (for now at least).

I then called the RE's office and awkwardly explained, "I'm guessing this happens sometimes but I'm supposed to have a new visit appt w/ Dr. H this afternoon and I took a pregnancy test yesterday and I am pregnant.  I'm so sorry it's late notice, I'm a doc too so I know it sucks when people cancel the day of but I called as soon as the office opened to try to let you know."  Her response was so genuine and awesome.  She told me, "That's great! Don't worry people make these appointments when they're at their wits end and now you are pregnant!  Congratulations!  Call us if you need us in the future."

I looked up my dates on BabyCenter and think my due date will be somewhere near the end of June- June 29/30 (since my cycles vary a little).  This is actually amazingly good timing since our work year starts July 1st and our schedule is made through June right now so I shouldn't have to rearrange too much.

I am trying to be patient and not get overly excited but I can't help it a little.  We have been waiting for so long.  This just feels so unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment