Friday, October 18, 2013

Three Weeks of Thankful Thursdays

So I have been a terrible blogger lately.  I've only written one post this month.  I don't feel that bad about it because it's primarily the result of me spending >2 of the past 4 weeks on vacation which has been fabulous.  Absolutely fabulous.  We traveled back to northern California this past week- Friday to Wednesday.  Spending the majority of the trip in San Francisco with a one day visit to Napa.  We ate plenty of good food and drank incredible wine and did amazing things with really good friends.  It was wonderful in every way.  But I need to give a full update and pics from both vacations so will give more details in a future post. 

Today I want to get back to remembering how awesome and full my life is- even without the baby I'm still lamenting.

This week I am thankful for:
1. A fulfilling and relaxing trip to San Francisco

2. Becoming much closer to one of my girl friends on this trip

3. For my husband who sometimes there are just no words for- He is a huge Pearl Jam fan and showed me this video last night (warning you will cry):
My husband cried too.  He lost his father when he was only 5 (he had a type of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) and showing me this was opening this window into his heart that he keeps hidden most of the time.  I think he'd also like to hear that his dad loved him and is proud of him.  I wish the technology to do that had been available back in the early 1980s.

4. Generosity of friends and colleagues that has astounded me.  This weekend my family and I are walking in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's Out of the Darkness Walk.  I posted a link to a registration and donation page on facebook primarily to encourage people to come walk with us.  Last year was the first time I participated and it was inspiring but at the same time really personally challenging.  Most of the time I can push my sadness about my brother to the background but this walk, while honoring him, also makes facing that unavoidable.  Much to my chagrin several friends are participating in the walk and friends, family, & co-workers have donated $280! So humbling.

5. Most days love, love, loving my job.

To Come This Weekend:
1. Hopefully a date night with the hubby tonight.

2. Catching up with the BFF and another high school girl friend at her engagement party.

3. The walk to honor my brother on Sunday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment