Saturday, October 19, 2013

Haunting Me Even In My Sleep

So yesterday the hubby & I had a conversation that went something like this:
Me: Guess what?!
Hubby: BFF's pregnant again.
Me: No! Do you really think I'd tell you that with guess what?! (and in a happy tone)
Hubby: Yes.

I can't even remember what my real guess what was in that conversation at this point, but the BFF being pregnant with her second (which is not the case as far as I know) has haunted me since.

Last night I had this nightmare during which she told me she was pregnant again (with her 4 month old on her lap) and I had to fake happiness about it and then for an escape I went to the mall to shop and every single female I passed- 17 or 25 or 40 was pregnant and about to pop pregnant.  It was horrible.  I woke up in a sweat.

I don't have any idea why this is what I choose to worry about but apparently its the new thing to freak me out.  That all these friends of mine that currently have infants or are pregnant will have their second before I ever am lucky enough to have one... just one. 

Maybe all this worry is just my anxiety about the RE appointment Monday?

I don't know what I expect them to say.

I anticipate it to go like this:
RE: All your testing looks normal but obviously there is a problem.  We are just not sure what it is yet and we may never find out.  But- I would like to get an HSG and repeat blood work and repeat hubby's semen analysis after antibiotics for elevated white blood cell count.... and spend hundreds more dollars without accomplishing anything at all.
Me: Okay if you think that is best.  How likely do you think any of this testing is to find an answer?
RE: Not likely.
Me: When can we get started actually doing something?
RE: Well, since you are due to start your cycle any day we will probably miss this month and have to wait until next cycle (you know while you are on an inpatient rotation and working 60-70 hours a week).
Me: Sounds great! (AKA Ahh! Shoot me!)

Anyway, so I am just basking in excitement and anticipation for this appointment.
 
And... so happy that every fucking person I know is pregnant. 

Fuck this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment