Monday, October 21, 2013

Utter Disbelief

This post was written last night (10/20)- I was just too scared to post.

For the past couple days I have been starving ALL THE TIME.

And my boobs have been sore, real sore.  Which has been happening every month but this month it has just not gone away.

I could have started my period as early as Saturday (day 28) but my cycles vary from 28-32 days.

Tomorrow (now today) is our RE appointment.

So on a whim and just a feeling I decided to take a hpt today.

And guess what?!







I have never seen 2 lines. Ever. And it showed up immediately as soon as I set the test down. I cried, ugly cried. I still don't really believe it.  I took it right before I had to leave for a 2 year old friend's birthday party followed by the walk.  I had no other tests in the house.

My hubby was on call (per usual for important moments).  I called him and asked if I could stop by to see him for a second on my way to the party.  I bought this knit buckeye helmet hat for a newborn from etsy nearly 2 years ago now... right before we started trying.  I wrapped the pregnancy test in tissue paper and put it at the bottom of a gift bag.  Then I wrapped up the hat and put it on top.

My hubby & I had gotten in a stupid argument last night so when I got to the hospital to meet him I told him that I saw something when I was shopping today for a bday present for my BFF that I just had to get him and thought it could make up for last night too.  We went up to his call room and he opened it and he's like "What? Why would you buy this?"  I tell him to keep looking and he's like "Is this your pee stick?" (before he even had the tissue paper open) "Are you pregnant? Seriously?"

It was such an awesome moment.  Both of us completely in disbelief.  He's like "Did you take more? Are you sure?" I told him I didn't have anymore but planned on getting more after the walk tonight.

I drank like 5 glasses of water at dinner after the walk and peed multiple times.
Retested when I got home- negative.  Googled incessantly false negative and false positive pregnancy tests.  I think it was probably negative due to how much water I drank.  My urine looked like it came out of the tap it was so clear.

I actually am not worried.  Something just feels different for once and I am just happy and disbelieving but not worried.  I am going to retest in the morning. 

And hopefully call the RE to cancel?

What are the odds? Find out you are pregnant <24 hours before your first RE appointment?

I am trying not to think this is too good to be true.


2 comments:

  1. It does happen more often than not. I had a positive pregnancy test right before I was due to start my IUI. I know as a doctor you know that it was just your time and wasn't influenced by the scheduled appointment. Congrats! This is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it's just a coincidence but a happy one nonetheless. Now I am trying not to worry more because of how long it's taken us to get to this point. I don't have any reason to think we're more likely to miscarry than anyone else but it's still an exercise in patience (not my strong suit).

      Delete